Monday, June 24, 2013

Misspelt. . . . .


Mithspelltt

On tthe kittchen island at breakfastt
I found a handwritten notte.
A ragged piece of nottebook paper
With rudimentary block letttters and rough diagram below.

Whatt blared att me like a house fire
was tthe misspelling of a word.
Knowing the owner of the fistted scriptt
I planned a ribbing I could not resistt.

'Watter the horses.' tthe senttence insttructted.
So I picked up a pencil and proceeded to editt
Witth large arrow pointted at the offending letttter T
Notting tthe correctt spelling of tthe everyday word.

Adding a quotte of “Oh my God!”
I then added ''Your's ttruly, TThe Spelling Nazi”
And a pair of lighttning boltts.
I hung itt on tthe refrigerattor door.

I was amused by tthis new edittion of an annoying notte.
I sattisfied my inner-monstter named 0hseedee.
TThe autthor of tthe firstt edittion was nott amazed.
Nor was he remottely amused.

Insttead his man-labia became comically inflamed.
He tore it down from tthe door and crumpled itt up and tthrew itt on tthe floor!
“I'm not a good speller,” he cried and swaggered away.
I quickly rehung itt.

The watter mentioned tthatt notte mustt have been laiden witth an exttra molecule.
Itt mustt have been heavy watter.
Some people are justt blind despitte ttheir ocular orbs.
Perhaps itt's from sttaring at the blinding beautty of the sun?

Perhaps itt's genettically induced complacency.
A gene pool tthatt's a crackedd and dry lake bedd.
Maybe itt's justt laziness and being overworkedd.
Probably itt wouldd be betttter tto blame tthe local school tteachers.

Scary tthoughtt: Whatt iff itt's allll off tthe above?
Iff so, who willll be llefftt tthatt's llitteratte enough to readd tthis andd unddersttandd?
My sarddonic-y.

Are we ddoomedd?

Tt dd ll tt ff tt. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment