Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Windows 8

I hate Windows 7 & 8. They are the most convoluted operating systems that I've ever worked with. I have never seen such a shitty system that can't even connect to a printer through a wireless network connection, even after it was successfully configured earlier in the same day. What makes the network any different than it was during an earlier computing session when all the ips have remained "static?"

Not only that, but Microsoft has found it important enough to make their new operating system look like Windows Phone.. . . aaaaaah. .  .and thus, for XP and Vista users, it makes the transition directly into Windows 8 a major learning curve.

I don't like how programs open in the new Windows 8 and act like individual desktops, or when you launch a program's function and the window opens in another "desktop" area, and unless us you alt/tab to find it, you might be sitting there waiting for the window to appear for an eternity. . . 

HP printers that work on a wireless network, cannot connect with Windows 8 and stay connected, or be configured by USB cable, or be manually configured from the printer itself without there being some dramatic explosion of emotions from the operator!  And shame on HP, for making a proprietory printer software suite for Windows 8 that won't communicate with it!

Windows 8 is the most convoluted, difficult, contankerous, bullshit, buggy, glitchy, P.O.S. operating system I have ever encountered in my life. Millenium was better configured. . . . .

Today, I had more issues getting the downstairs printer to work with the Windows 8 computers than I've ever encountered before. However, when I got on this computer, programmed with Linux Debian 7, I used the CUPS administrator and was able to connect the printer, an HP Officejet AIO, and printed the documents I needed. later in the day, when the Windows 8 computer failed to do it, I was able to print from my laptop again, wirelessly. Samba worked transparently.

If I buy a new laptop this year, I'm wiping the drive of Windows 8 and installing Linux Debian 7.

Microsoft still sucks. Congratulations for wasting countless manhours all around the globe as I am sure that I am not the only person that has ever experienced this issue. Microsoft has, again, prematurely launched software that has so many issues and design flaws, that I wonder who the hell designs things over there in Redmond, WA. They need to pull their heads out of their asses and get with the program an create software that we can actually depend on and use without having to hack our own computers just to find basic functions.

Linux rules.  . . . simplicity in Gnome 3 and choices to tailor the operating system with less learning curve for the computer savvy. Do a Google search on any issues in linux, there will be 50 answers with ways to handle the problems in tutorials and step-by-step instructions on forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment